Quick & Easy Key Lime Pie In a Jar
One of my favorite desserts is Key Lime Pie and I absolutely LOVE when we go out to eat and we get to sample desserts in shooter glasses. I always go for the Key Lime or a Chocolate surprise – Lord I love them both! Although I will enjoy Key Lime Pie throughout the year, it seems to be a Summer favorite for many. Since we are celebrating the last weekend of Summer with Labor Day approaching us, I
There is nothing better than to have a great recipe for a dessert that is NO BAKE! I’m all about quick, easy and yummy! Plus, I recently picked up some new dessert/ice cream bowls and jars from Walmart and needed something to fill them – so here we are!
Since I have had this vertigo, all I have wanted is everything that is not good for me. The tangier the better, the spicier the better and key lime has a good zest to it, so I am really loving this dessert right now. Plus, it’s easy enough for Raegan to make all by herself – win/win!!
This is super simple and super fast! The recipe calls for 4 graham crackers crushed, but I go a step easier and buy the graham crackers that are already crumbled. I add some melted butter to it to make my crust. I don’t really measure – I just feel my way through it. It does not take a lot of melted butter, but you really can’t go wrong. If you use crumbs – 4 graham crackers equal approximately 3/4 cup of crumbs.
For some reason when I put desserts in little cups, jars or shooter glasses everyone seems to want to grab them up more
Quick & Easy Key Lime Pie in a Jar
- The juice of 3-4 key limes, or more if you like it extra tart
- 1 8 oz packaged cream cheese, softened
- Whipped cream, optional for serving
- 1 Tbs butter, melted
- 4 graham crackers crushed into crumbs
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- In a stand mixer beat the cream cheese on high until smooth. Reduced speed to low and slowly pour in sweetened condensed milk and beat on low speed until completely incorporated.
- Roll limes on a clean cutting board to loosen juice and cut, squeezing directly into the mixing bowl. Beat on low speed until completely incorporated.
- Pulse graham crackers in food processor until fine crumbs or crush in a Ziploc bag to your liking. Pour in 1 Tbs butter melted until you have a mixture that resembles wet sand.
- Add a layer of graham cracker crumbs to the bottom of your desired glass (the amount needed depends on the size of your glass), spoon the key lime pie filling on top (repeat with another layer of graham cracker crumbs if desired) then add pie filling.
- Top with whipped cream and a lime wedge for serving if desired.
* photo creds from www.kitchentreaty.com
Thanks for stopping by the blog and I hope you girls have a wonderful holiday weekend! I hope you enjoy this cool and refreshing dessert and I’m sure the kids and grands are going to love it! the husbands will too LOL!! Enjoy!
Be sure to Pin anything you like to Pinterest, as this helps me grow as a new blogger. I appreciate your Pins, comments and coming by the blog!
DON’T MISS A POST!
Subscribe to get email updates! In addition to my most recent blog posts, you’ll receive an exclusive newsletter, and a sneak peek behind the scenes with family pictures, etc. — all delivered right to your inbox.
POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS. ALL OPINIONS ARE MY OWN. FOR MORE INFORMATION ON WHAT THAT MEANS, SEE MY ABOUT PAGE: BLOG COMPENSATION AND DISCLOSURE.
Oh YUMMY! I never think of making it more fun by serving in individual glasses/containers..probably because I never have that much room in my refrigerator…LOL I can see how this would be so simple too by using a prepared graham cracker crust. We went out a couple weeks ago and ordered a piece of key lime cheesecake so this is something that I will be making and those little dessert bowls are really cute. Didn’t realize they had something like that. When I was looking at your link the first thing I saw was the number and then read on to see that they were disposables…LOL I hope you are feeling good this weekend to enjoy the holiday…even though you won’t be having people in. As long as you can lift your head to enjoy some time off the pillow will be a win for you !
This looks yummy and I pinned it to try some time in the near future. It is so nice to have you back cause I really missed you! I will be working for the next 4 days so not sure that I will have much time to check my emails and comment but I will try. I hope that you have a wonderful holiday weekend!
Awe!! You made my day Kelly!!!❤️❤️ I have missed posting and I will certainly be glad to be back 100% soon I hope!! Don’t work too hard!!! This is a good one to try btw!!!