As I have gotten older, I have realized that starting my day off on the right foot has been beneficial to keeping my day positive and upbeat. When I was working away from home, the mornings were a struggle, especially during the years of getting the kids ready for school and getting out the door on time. Now in my 50’s, I have learned that I can make my day a good one, or I can let life’s obstacles set my mood for the entire day. Here are a few things I do that have kept balance, positivity, increased my faith, and is helping me reach and maintain a healthier me.
First 5 Steps Of My Day
- I’m going to be brutally honest here, sometimes getting up early is a HUGE struggle. As soon as my eyes open, I try and roll this ole bod out of bed and head to the kitchen. Most of you probably can guess that my first stop is the Keurig because coffee is a must for me. Something about the smell, the taste, taking a few minutes to get alone and drink that first cup is the #1 eye-opener and energy boost that I need. Most mornings, if the weather permits, you will find me with a Biblemor a Devotional, sitting outside listening to nature and enjoying the beautiful weather. Nature and coffee are a combination that is surely a gift from God, LOL!
2) Taking time each morning to look at my calendar, see what upcoming collaborations I need to work on, and allotting time for work, errands, free time, and housework is all in my planner. I use my planner to help me stay focused and to stay on schedule. It is essential for me to be productive throughout the day or time will get away from me and I will accomplish nothing other than scrolling my phone or tablet. Each week I set up my planner for my upcoming week, so I have an idea of what to expect. I include everything from taking photos, to going to the grocery store, right down to what time to start dinner. I only use this planner for Monday through Friday so I am able to keep my weekends clear for family time and me time. If you are not using a planner, I highly recommend the Prayerful Planner. It is filled with different pages, to help you keep yourself motivated and it offers scripture to help you through your week.
3) Each morning I take time to get in my office with my home gym essentials, you can see all of my favorite items here. (Click on Shop to see all the items that I use at home and when we travel ). As I get older, I can tell my joints and muscles are not what they used to be. I am trying my best to dedicate some “me” time to my mornings and work on rebuilding lost muscle mass and reversing some of the damage from my long bout with the Epstein Barr Virus last year. It took a huge toll on me from vitamin deficiencies, bone and muscle loss, extreme fatigue, and the onset of early arthritis. This can be stopped and we are in the process of reversing the effects of the virus. I see now more than ever how important it is to get and stay healthy. So every day for 20-30 minutes I am in my “gym” working with my must-have essentials, or taking a brisk walk at the park for 30-45 minutes, or doing a 20-minute session of pilates. It is making a huge difference in my life and how I feel! Not to mention, it clears your mind, and you feel so accomplished throughout the day. And…it will help you burn fat all day!
4) More than ever I see the need to study the Bible to strengthen my faith and walk with the Lord. My goal is to spend time reading, pondering, and learning all that He has to teach and offer me. In the world where we see evil stepping forward so boldly, we need to put on the Armor of God daily. I am now studying Galatians and truly enjoying learning new things, plus I’m remembering old things. Faith can move mountains and I truly believe that starting your day out with at least a few verses and prayer is The Key In The Morning And The Lock At Night.
5) I spend time walking and playing with my dogs. Since the kids have moved out, they have been by my side whether it is at my desk, or at the end of the bed while I’m watching TV. They are always happy to see me, and Ziva (the golden doodle) hugs like a human, so of course she gets walked and gets to have playtime. Their personalities are unique and bring so much joy and love to my life. How could I not start my day out with them in the Top 5?!
How do you spend your mornings? Do you have a routine? I would love to hear new ideas!
Thanks so much for following me on my blog! Be sure to follow along on my Facebook page! I am revamping my page and will be posting daily deals, Target Finds, Amazon Finds, and so much more that are not shown on the blog. From fashion, beauty, home decor, gift ideas, and recipes…it’s about to get real! LOL!! Can’t wait to see you on FB!
Please remember to Pin the post or any outfit to Pinterest, Facebook, or Instagram because this helps other ladies find my blog and get outfit inspiration for everyday life.
Hey girl! Stop scrolling! Follow along with the girls!
Have you signed up for my daily blog post? Don’t miss the latest outfits, or beauty finds, so be sure to Subscribe and get the latest post each day. You can follow along on Pinterest here, or the LiketoKnowit app here.
POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS, WHICH MEANS IF YOU CLICK ON AND PURCHASE AN ITEM, I MAY RECEIVE A SMALL COMMISSION. THIS IS AT NO COST TO YOU. ALL OPINIONS ARE MY OWN. FOR MORE INFORMATION ON WHAT THAT MEANS, SEE MY ABOUT PAGE: BLOG COMPENSATION AND DISCLOSURE
“She is clothed in strength and dignity and she laughs without fear of the future…”