A Yummy Twist On Sausage Balls
Happy Saturday everyone! Boy this week flew by for me, it seems like it was just Monday…but here we are! Today I am going to share a Sausage Ball recipe I found on Facebook and oh my gosh…it’s a yummy twist! I also wanted to let you know about a few things that have gone on sale.
On my Old Navy Try-On Haul (see the post HERE), I posted the outfit below and everyone has seemed to love this one. The good news is this vest is on sale for only $15 this weekend! See the vest HERE. Plus, you can get an extra 40% OFF your entire order using Code: THANKYOU Shop the Sale HERE.
- Macy’s is having a 25% OFF Sale off Michael Kors items – Shop HERE
- Kohl’s is having up to 70% off Clearance – Shop HERE
- The Loft has all tops and sweaters 40% OFF – Shop HERE
- DSW is on sale up to 25%, Use CODE: FALLTREAT Shop HERE
- American Eagle is 25% OFF online Use CODE: GIMMEFALL Shop HERE
- UGG – take an extra 20% OFF on Sale Items, Shop HERE
- Dillard’s clearance is 40% OFF, Shop HERE
- Ulta is having a Fall Haul Event – up to 50% OFF – Shop HERE
- Sephora – 20% OFF all Too Faced Items – Shop HERE
Now…on to the recipe!
This recipe is from A Thought And A Half blog, it is a Southern Food & Lifestyle Blog. I have just found this blog this week through Facebook and I am loving it! I know a lot of you ladies love a good recipe and this may be a blog you want to follow. All pictures and recipe are from this website. I wanted to share it with my readers because it is BANGING! You might want to check out her blog, so click HERE.
We tried these and they are a little bit bigger than a normal sausage ball, but they are soft and fluffy – melt in your mouth good! You won’t be able to eat just one..trust me! They did not last long at our house and my kids had no clue I put pimento cheese in them!
We did use the Palmetto Pimento Cheese, but I’m sure any brand would be fine!
- 1 pound pork breakfast sausage (I like Jimmy Dean or Swaggerty’s)
- 12 oz. Palmetto Cheese pimento cheese of choice (or blend of cheeses)
- 2 + 1/4 cup Bisquick
- Dash of paprika + red pepper
If you don’t eat pork, you can substitute turkey sausage. It works just as well! If you’re using turkey sausage, add 1-2 tbsp oil to make up for the fat. Also, the sausage is easier to work with if it’s not super cold.
TO MAKE THEM:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add sausage and pimento cheese to a large mixing bowl. Mix to combine.
- Add Bisquick and spices (if using). Knead with hands until it’s all combined into a large ball.
- Scoop and roll into 1-inch balls.
- Place balls on a baking sheet lightly sprayed with cooking spray or lined with a silicone baking mat. You can keep them closer together since they don’t spread.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, until they’re golden brown on top.
- Store in an air-tight container or zip-lock bag in the refrigerator for up to a week.
What’s an appetizer you girls like? I’d love to try some new recipes since we will be having a lot of get-togethers soon!
Thanks for stopping by the blog and I hope you girls have a fantastic weekend!
Be sure to Pin anything you like to Pinterest, as this helps me grow as a new blogger. I appreciate your Pins, comments and coming by the blog!
DON’T MISS A POST!
Subscribe to get email updates! In addition to my most recent blog posts, you’ll receive an exclusive newsletter, and a sneak peek behind the scenes with family pictures, etc. — all delivered right to your inbox.
POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS. ALL OPINIONS ARE MY OWN. FOR MORE INFORMATION ON WHAT THAT MEANS, SEE MY ABOUT PAGE: BLOG COMPENSATION AND DISCLOSURE.
Thanks I love the recipes. I love reading your blog.
Thanh’s for following!!! This was so good!!! Hope you have a great weekend
Well that recipe sounds simple enough…just the kind I love. I didn’t even know there was a soft spread pimento cheese. Looks like I better find some time today to check out the ON sale ;). How is the house remodel project coming? Have a great weekend Beverly!
The house…Ugggg!!! Boy have we ran into some bumps along the way. Mainly Barry and I bumping heads 😂😂. I backed off the countertops because I honestly can’t decide on which kind I want. So I told Barry to wait- I’m fact, I’m so tired of clutter, I asked him if we can focus on the outside. We have a privacy fence but I want it to go all the way around our backyard. Our backyard is kind of big, so we are getting estimates. Then Chase says he can put it up, so that will be worked on a little each weekend Ugg again. Now, Barry is getting estimates to rip up our driveway and redo it, or at least enlarge it enough to accommodate the cars here. It seems we can’t agree on anything right now lol!! One thing we did agree on was the color of the mums we wanted for our front porch 😂😂😂
The recipe is super easy and I was very tickled to run across it on FB. I had to share because it is so good!! Ww has another surprise last night-Brooklyn came over and said-look at me!! I’m here!!!! Lol Have a great Saturday ❤️❤️