Happy Saturday everyone! Boy this week flew by for me, it seems like it was just Monday…but here we are! Today I am going to share a Sausage Ball recipe I found on Facebook and oh my gosh…it’s a yummy twist! I also wanted to let you know about a few things that have gone on sale.
On my Old Navy Try-On Haul (see the post HERE), I posted the outfit below and everyone has seemed to love this one. The good news is this vest is on sale for only $15 this weekend! See the vest HERE. Plus, you can get an extra 40% OFF your entire order using Code: THANKYOU Shop the Sale HERE.
- Macy’s is having a 25% OFF Sale off Michael Kors items – Shop HERE
- Kohl’s is having up to 70% off Clearance – Shop HERE
- The Loft has all tops and sweaters 40% OFF – Shop HERE
- DSW is on sale up to 25%, Use CODE: FALLTREAT Shop HERE
- American Eagle is 25% OFF online Use CODE: GIMMEFALL Shop HERE
- UGG – take an extra 20% OFF on Sale Items, Shop HERE
- Dillard’s clearance is 40% OFF, Shop HERE
- Ulta is having a Fall Haul Event – up to 50% OFF – Shop HERE
- Sephora – 20% OFF all Too Faced Items – Shop HERE
Now…on to the recipe!
This recipe is from A Thought And A Half blog, it is a Southern Food & Lifestyle Blog. I have just found this blog this week through Facebook and I am loving it! I know a lot of you ladies love a good recipe and this may be a blog you want to follow. All pictures and recipe are from this website. I wanted to share it with my readers because it is BANGING! You might want to check out her blog, so click HERE.
We tried these and they are a little bit bigger than a normal sausage ball, but they are soft and fluffy – melt in your mouth good! You won’t be able to eat just one..trust me! They did not last long at our house and my kids had no clue I put pimento cheese in them!
We did use the Palmetto Pimento Cheese, but I’m sure any brand would be fine!
- 1 pound pork breakfast sausage (I like Jimmy Dean or Swaggerty’s)
- 12 oz. Palmetto Cheese pimento cheese of choice (or blend of cheeses)
- 2 + 1/4 cup Bisquick
- Dash of paprika + red pepper
If you don’t eat pork, you can substitute turkey sausage. It works just as well! If you’re using turkey sausage, add 1-2 tbsp oil to make up for the fat. Also, the sausage is easier to work with if it’s not super cold.
TO MAKE THEM:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add sausage and pimento cheese to a large mixing bowl. Mix to combine.
- Add Bisquick and spices (if using). Knead with hands until it’s all combined into a large ball.
- Scoop and roll into 1-inch balls.
- Place balls on a baking sheet lightly sprayed with cooking spray or lined with a silicone baking mat. You can keep them closer together since they don’t spread.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, until they’re golden brown on top.
- Store in an air-tight container or zip-lock bag in the refrigerator for up to a week.
What’s an appetizer you girls like? I’d love to try some new recipes since we will be having a lot of get-togethers soon!
Thanks for stopping by the blog and I hope you girls have a fantastic weekend!
Be sure to Pin anything you like to Pinterest, as this helps me grow as a new blogger. I appreciate your Pins, comments and coming by the blog!
DON’T MISS A POST!
Subscribe to get email updates! In addition to my most recent blog posts, you’ll receive an exclusive newsletter, and a sneak peek behind the scenes with family pictures, etc. — all delivered right to your inbox.
POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS. ALL OPINIONS ARE MY OWN. FOR MORE INFORMATION ON WHAT THAT MEANS, SEE MY ABOUT PAGE: BLOG COMPENSATION AND DISCLOSURE.