An Easy Meal For the Lazy Girl
The weekend is here and I am so glad! I am sharing a recipe that is on the rotation list here at our house. It’s quick, easy and I hardly ever have any left once my crowd digs in! Prep time is only about 10 minutes, then Bake! I have been serving this since my kids were younger and their schedules were jammed pack.
We love lasagna, but who has the time after work (or desire) to boil the noodles, brown the hamburger, etc. I work from home and I still don’t feel like doing it LOL! Many moms today want to give their family a good meal, but let’s be honest…schedules are so hectic, getting a family home-cooked meal in is very hard. When I’m looking new recipe ideas on Pinterest, I am always looking qu8ick and easy. If the recipe has more than 6 ingredients, it’s a safe bet that I won’t be fixing it during the week. A
Layering this only takes a few minutes and then you pop it in the oven and wait for the deliciousness to be born!
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees, and grease a 9×13 baking dish. Next, spread about 3/4 of a cup of your marinara sauce on the bottom of the pan.
Arrange half of the frozen ravioli in a single layer over the sauce.
Top with half of the remaining sauce.
Top with half the cheese.
Repeat your layers, starting with the remaining frozen ravioli.
Continue with the remainder of your sauce and the rest of the mozzarella cheese. If you like Parmesan
Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover, and bake for an additional 15 minutes or until the cheese starts to brown and bubble.
Let it cool for about 10 minutes, then serve!
Add some breadsticks and a salad, your meal is complete and will be a crowd pleaser!
We enjoy this meal quite often and I hope you will enjoy it too! You can add meat to your sauce if desired, shake things up and make it your own! I made this last night for my crowd, I added salad and corn on the cob and Texas Toast. Hope you enjoy!!
Easy Ravioli Bake Recipe
This quick, easy and cheap dinner recipe is perfect for the family! It’s made with 3 simple ingredients, and is absolutely delicious. An excellent main dish idea for any busy mom or dad! Servings: 6
- 1 (25 oz bag) frozen ravioli
- 1 (24 oz jar) marinara sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese for sprinkling (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and grease a 9×13 baking dish.
- Spread about 3/4 cup of your marinara sauce into the bottom of your baking dish.
- Arrange half of the frozen ravioli in a single layer over the sauce.
- Top with half of the remaining sauce and half of the mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat the layers starting with what’s left of the frozen ravioli. Finish by topping with the remainder of the sauce and mozzarella. Sprinkle with parmesan if you’d like.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking for about 15 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly and starting to brown.
- Let it cool for 5-10 minutes, and then serve alone or with garlic bread, salad or veggies. Enjoy!
- Try mixing it up with ravioli stuffed with beef, chicken or spinach. You can also add things to the layers like pepperoni slices, sausage, fresh basil leaves, veggies or garlic for added variety.
- You can also add to or replace the marinara with alfredo sauce.
**photo credits: InstruPix
I found this recipe on Pinterest about 15 years ago and I’m still making it…so trust me when I say it’s easy and good. We are taking Brooklyn to the park today and out to eat before we head down to the beach…Eeekk! I’m so pumped up this trip! LOL! What are you girls planning for this weekend? Stay safe and thanks for stopping by the blog!
Shop The Post
Be sure to Pin anything you like to Pinterest, as this helps me grow as a new blogger. I appreciate your Pins, comments and coming by the blog!
DON’T MISS A POST!
Subscribe to get email updates! In addition to my most recent blog posts, you’ll receive an exclusive newsletter, and a sneak peek behind the scenes with family pictures, etc. — all delivered right to your inbox
POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS. ALL OPINIONS ARE MY OWN. FOR MORE INFORMATION ON WHAT THAT MEANS, SEE MY ABOUT PAGE: BLOG COMPENSATION AND DISCLOSURE
Thompson Hill Blog
Love this idea, looks delicious! Thanks for sharing.
Thanks lovely 😘😘
Next meal when the kids are here. Thanks. M
And they will love it lol 🥰
This looks good although something that I can’t eat, but I will definitely pass the recipe along to my 2 daughters to make for their families. I am glad to hear that you are your way to the beach and hope that you have an amazing time! Take care and be safe 🙂
Thanks Kelly!! Have a great night and weekend ❤️