Happy Thursday everyone! While on vacation with the family this week I have learned how nice it is to have an essentials bag with me. I haven’t really used one since I stopped traveling and the kids are now bigger, but now we have Brooklyn! Things happen and it is sooo nice to have emergency items on hand.
I pulled together a few lists of items that I keep in my car and also in my purse. These are great and when you are in need, you will be glad you have them!
Essentials For The Mom
- Wipes: because of carts, airplanes, strollers, sticky hands, dirty bleachers, bathroom doors, etc.
- Kleenex: because, well…we all need this at times.
- Band-aids: because I am super clumsy and so is Raegan!
- Tampons: ahem…maybe not me anymore, but Raegan will need this.
- Tide to go: because I’m messy at times HA!.
- Aveda hand relief: because it just feels fancy and sometimes I need hands that aren’t dry.
- Hair tie: this is one of my most restocked items! Who knows when one will need to pull their hair up!?
- Neosporin: because anyone could need this at any time.
- Advil: because of children. And husbands. LOL!!!
- Cough drops: for that movie or concert or service you’re in and you just… Can’t. Stop. Coughing. We’ve all been there!
- Sunscreen: for those baseball games when you didn’t really think it was all that hot and sunny and then it is.
- Tweezers: because, just because…
- Nail clippers: good to have
- Benadryl cream: for mosquito bites, bee stings, and random itchiness. This stuff rocks.
- A pen: for all those times you drive to the ATM and you forgot to sign the back of the check.
More ideas below…
- Mini Makeup Remover
- Dry Shampoo
- Chewing Gum
- Sewing Kit (with safety pins)
- Travel toothbrush
- Nail file
- Extra mints (we can never have too many…right?)
- Travel brush
- Travel deodorant
- Extra chargers and ear buds
- Extra nail polish
- Nail clippers
I realize it seems like a lot, but these are all very small items that fit perfectly in a little zipper pouch and then into your big bag. When I traveled, these were definitely needed and used! I can’t imagine not having an Emergency Kit in my car and a small compact bag in my purse now. As moms and wives, we know that we are the ones that everyone goes to for their needs. So let’s be ready! Need a bag already put together? Click HERE.
What are some of your “Go-To” Items you always have on hand?
Thanks for stopping by the blog today and I hope you ladies have a wonderful day! What are you up to today?
Be sure to Pin anything you like to Pinterest, as this helps me grow as a new blogger. I appreciate your Pins, comments and coming by the blog!
DON’T MISS A POST!
Subscribe to get email updates! In addition to my most recent blog posts, you’ll receive an exclusive newsletter, and a sneak peek behind the scenes with family pictures, etc. — all delivered right to your inbox
POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS. ALL OPINIONS ARE MY OWN. FOR MORE INFORMATION ON WHAT THAT MEANS, SEE MY ABOUT PAGE: BLOG COMPENSATION AND DISCLOSURE.