If there’s one beauty product that gets more use than your sea salt spray and waterproof mascara, it’s tinted moisturizer. It’s lighter than your standard foundation but still gives you just the right amount of coverage. And if that’s not enough, it keeps your skin hydrated and, therefore, pretty darn happy. Let’s face facts, full coverage foundation is all the rave right now. Some women need the full coverage, others don’t like to wear it and like a more “natural” coverage. I have always worn light coverage up until about two years ago. I switched over because I felt I needed the fuller coverage because of my age. When I go to the Spa, they always put a tinted moisturizer on my face and believe it or not, I really liked the feel.
It reminded me of the BB Cream craze years back, which I hopped on that train too! When I changed back to Rodan + Fields about a month ago, I changed my foundation over to Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Foundation I absolutely fell in love with it. I have told you girls in videos before, that I am not product loyal, but if I find a product that works or I absolutely love, I will tell you! And if that product does not stand up over the test of time, I will tell you that also. That’s why I have explained in a few blog posts why I went back to R+ F after using Limelife by Alcone for over a year. My skin was dull, I was seeing a change in the overall look in my skin, so I had to consult with my dermatologist. She actually suggested I go back to Rodan + Fields, then I happened to be talking with a fellow Fashion Blogger one Sunday and found out she sold it. It didn’t take me but a hot minute to sign up and get the new product to aid in restoring my skin back to where it once was. Let me make something really transparent here, I used R + F for about 3 years prior to trying the Limelife products, so I was no stranger to how well the products worked. And hey did, when I hear my daughter tell me how great my skin was looking, I knew I was back on track. Before I go any further, I have to tell you that as of today, R + F is launching a new product called RADIANT DEFENSE that is a tinted moisturizer that works with your skincare. I should get mine today or Tuesday and I will make sure I show you the product on me.
So, what should you know about Tinted Moisturizers?
Since you’ll be using it every single day, you should probably know everything about applying it and picking out the perfect shade, right? Right.
I’ve chatted with a few beauty pros and got the lowdown on this miracle-worker. Check out the infographic for 7 little (but game-changing) facts you never knew.
1. To start, you’ll need the right tinted foundation shade. And if you use a product like our Radiant Defense, you can actually be color matched over your phone – yes, there’s an app for that! According to makeup artist I work with, there are two different spots you’ll need to color match. “The best way to pick color is to always do it in the day. I also do a test on the jawline and then a final confirmation/second opinion is to place it on the center of the clavicle/upper chest to make sure it’s a perfect match. It also makes sure your face matches your body, which is key to looking flawless,” they said.
2. Using a moisturizer isn’t banned just because you use a tinted moisturizer. If you have super dehydrated skin, our Skincare Specialists explains you can totally go double-duty. But if you have normal skin, I would suggest applying your tinted moisturizer after you’ve cleansed and applied your daily serum. Oily Skin? Then I would suggest try using a water-based or oil-free moisturizer first.
3. Remember, if you’re gonna be out in the sun all day long, the SPF in your tinted moisturizer might not be enough. Any cosmetologist, esthetician or dermatologist will suggest applying a separate formula. Better safe than sorry, eh?
4. Use the warmth of your hands to blend the foundation (Radiant Defense). It will help boost the glow of your skin, I was told this by my dermatologist. So no, you don’t need to have a brush handy – although, I am a stickler for a brush, buffer or a good blender.
5. Turns out, the direction you blend the product really matters. All dermatologists and estheticians will say to blend up and outward on the forehead, outward on the cheeks, and down the chin and neck.
6. Just like you wait to apply concealer after your eyeshadow, you’ll want to make it the last step when applying tinted moisturizer, too. According to the makeup artists at my school, this will help your concealer stay put.
7. Last step? Give your skin a spritz of facial spray. “I like to use a face mist before and after makeup application. (I always use Limelife by Alcone First base Primer Spray and I have recently started using the Limelife by Alcone Oil Strike Perfect Matte Setting Spray to set my makeup), I found it sets well and I don’t have any shine during the day. I like before because it helps to prep the skin and not over moisturize. I like misting the face afterward, so it helps create a soft, radiant face,”.
If you are interested in the new Radiant Defense and would like to try a tinted moisturizer instead of a heavy full coverage, click HERE and get more information about it. Be on the lookout for my before and after pictures this week in my email letter, or follow along on Facebook, Pinterest or my favorite Instagram!
Have a blessed week and stay safe !!
For More Products and Fashion, Click Here to Shop My Instagram!!
B and B Blog
DON’T MISS A POST!
Subscribe to get email updates! In addition to my most recent blog posts, you’ll receive exclusive newsletter content like special sales, my newest favorite finds, and an occasional peek behind the scenes — all delivered right to your inbox.
This post contains affiliate links. When you shop through my links, it helps support my business (at no additional cost to you) so thank you!