EASY Labor Day Dessert That’s Sure to Please!
Hey girls! Hope you all are doing great today and remember…it’s Friday Eve!! Today is the day I have been waiting for all week – some of my furniture is getting delivered and I couldn’t be happier! I have mentioned it to Barry every day and I mean EVERY day! I know I am getting on his last nerve HAHA! Sadly, Chase let me know that our living room set will be delivered tomorrow, but that’s ok…I can work around that.
I am going to be a bit busy with Barry today, so I wanted to share a “Brooklyn approved” dessert! Hopefully, we will be hosting our family Labor Day weekend get together and this is one of the desserts I am going to be making. Oh my gosh, it is good and easy!!!!
Strawberry Banana Cheesecake Salad
Simple Strawberry Banana Cheesecake Salad recipe comes together with just 6 ingredients. Rich and creamy cheesecake filling is folded into “oh my gosh” strawberries and sweet banana to create the most amazing fruit salad ever!
***In the fruit mixture, I squeezed fresh lemon juice over sliced strawberries and bananas. That prevents the bananas from browning, but it also gives the cheesecake salad a little brightness and zing!
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (3.4
ounce) package instant cheesecake pudding, unprepared
- 1-1/4 cups Simply Pure Vanilla Coffee Creamer (the recipe calls for this – but I use a substitute – see below)
- 2 pounds strawberries, sliced
- 3 medium bananas, cut into slices
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- In a medium tall bowl, using an electric mixer, whip cream cheese until it becomes smooth. It may bind up in the beaters, but continue as is and it will loosen up. Add dry pudding mix. Beat until well combined.
mixerrunning slowly add creamer (or cream mixture) to the cream cheese mix. Add it about a tablespoon at a time and then mix until it becomes a smooth mixture and all of the creamer (or cream mixture) has combined into the cream cheese. Continue until all has been added to the cream cheese. Whip until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine sliced strawberries, banana slices and lemon juice. Stir until all the fruit is coated with lemon juice. Add cheesecake mixture to fruit. Gently fold cheesecake mixture into fruit.
- Chill until ready to serve or serve immediately.
- Do not pour all of the cream mixture into the cream cheese at once. It will get clumpy and no matter how long you beat it, it will stay that way. Trust me on this one.
- I substitute the creamer – this is better
tous: use 1 cup heavy cream, 1/4 cup powdered sugar and 2 teaspoons vanilla extract.
- To make this ahead: prepare the cheesecake mixture and refrigerate in a bowl. Mix all of the fruit in a large bowl and refrigerate. Before serving, drain any excess liquid from the fruit and then fold the cheesecake filling into the fruit. Serve and enjoy!
Thanks for stopping by the blog today and I hope you girls have a wonderful day!!
3) Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4) perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5) And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us. Romans 5:3-5 NIV
Be sure to Pin anything you like to Pinterest, as this helps me grow as a new blogger. I appreciate your Pins, comments and coming by the blog!
DON’T MISS A POST!
Subscribe to get email updates! In addition to my most recent blog posts, you’ll receive an exclusive newsletter, and a sneak peek behind the scenes with family pictures, etc. — all delivered right to your inbox
POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS. ALL OPINIONS ARE MY OWN. FOR MORE INFORMATION ON WHAT THAT MEANS, SEE MY ABOUT PAGE: BLOG COMPENSATION AND DISCLOSURE
Good morning…I just pinned this and definitely will be trying. I know the grandkids will love this too. Oh it is a BIG day with furniture arriving. How exciting for you. It’s all coming together and getting closer for the big reveal to all of us 😉 You probably know where each piece is already going so won’t have to keep shuffling it back and forth trying to decide. It’s going to be a fun day for you…enjoy!
Lol !!! Sandy…you are really getting to know me 😂😂. This is a great dessert and you can eat it on the FWTFL on high carb days. I will figure out the carbs-proteins-fats!
Sounds delicious! Where does this fall in the FWFL meal plan…LOL!? On week two and SO glad I listened to your recommendation. More energy, feeling much better & clothes already fitting better too! Thank you for what you do, you are greatly appreciated! Debora
Debora Wooley are you following the recommended meal plan?
Yes she is Sandy!! There is right many of us on the program from the blog. ❤️❤️
Woohoo!!!! Go Debora!! I was at my Mom’s this week and not could I tell her weight loss. She doesn’t move around much and gotten into a size 2x. She’s down to a 1x-I told her we were going to have to buy her some new clothes cause hers was hanging on her.
I do eat this on the program!! Only on high carb days -usually on Saturday. I will figure out the macros and comment it on this thread!! Go Debora!!!! So proud and happy for you!!!