Good morning everyone! I had a lot of questions about yesterday’s post on the FASTer Way To Fat Loss program so today we are going to talk about a typical day for me. Investing in a weight loss program is a step some of us are unwilling to do because we feel like we may not follow through or we may fail. I am always
We think nothing of buying a new purse or a great outfit, but for some reason, we tend to shy away from our health – which is one of the most important things we can invest in. So, let’s answer a few questions, talk about my typical day and I’m also sharing a low carb recipe we use on low carb day!
Questions & Answers
Is this a program or lifestyle and is it doable?
This is not a program – it’s a lifestyle! And it’s one that is easy to fit into your daily life very easily. You can eat out, you can eat sweets and you can drink a glass of wine. You will learn how to limit yourself, make better choices with the foods you chose and reward yourself weekly!
Can I do the program at home, or do I need to join a gym?
If you join the FWTFL program you will get daily exercises that can be done at home, at the gym and beginner options. Some people do not exercise and are in the program only to learn to eat healthier. I personally like to walk 30 minutes a day (5x a week) or go to the gym 3x a week for 30 minutes and walk 2 days a week for 30 minutes.
What is Fasting?
We do intermittent fasting on this program, but it is not hard and you will get used to it very quickly. I actually enjoy the fasting part. Intermittent fasting helps you burn fat while developing lean muscle. Barry picked his eating window from 1pm to 9pm. I like to break fast around 2pm and eat till 10pm. My mother breaks fast at 11am and stops eating at 7pm. Most people break fast at 12 noon and eat till 8pm. Like to do mine later since I am a late night snacker!
What do you eat?
We eat carbs every day! Two days are low carb days. We keep track of our MACROS. We track our Protein, Carbs, and Fats. We use the My Fitness Pal app and plug in each day what we eat and it calculates everything for you. This is one of the best features of the program for me, I can plan my days ahead of time or meals when we are going out to eat to make sure I stay within my allowance.
What are the benefits of the program?
- incredible fat loss and unbelievable body composition changes. Fat just melts off!
- increased energy, stamina, and strength.
- less bloating (your stomach will feel so flat!!), better digestion. I have IBS-C and I am off my prescription medicines!! (that alone has saved me approximately $150 monthly)
- better sleep and improved moods.
- your self-esteem and self-confidence will soar!
How long before I see results?
Most people say they start noticing a change in their bodies in 2-3 weeks. I started seeing a change around the 2nd week. My stomach was much flatter and my hips were shrinking.
Is it an easy plan to follow?
Yes and no. The first couple of weeks are trial and error, but it gets MUCH easier each week. I struggled finding foods on low carb days, but soon found ways to incorporate high fat foods and keep my carbs low. Now, I’m working this program like no other! I have tried them all! Nutrisystem, WW, Keto, and more and this is by far my favorite program that has been the easiest for me to maintain daily.
A typical day for me
I normally break fast around 2pm and this is a normal “Wednesday” for me. Although these may be foods I enjoy eating, you can certainly customize your meal plan (you are also given a meal plan and recipes when joining the program to help you btw) to suit you and the foods you like.
- Snacks: Boiled egg, Sweet and Spicy Chicken or Tuna, nuts, fruit cups, veggies and clean ranch, jerky, veggies and hummus, energy balls ( I will post some recipes for these…they are SO good), protein shakes, I eat Atkin bars a lot also.
- Breakfast foods: bacon, eggs, sausage, coffee, herbal tea, hash browns, smoothies, granola, oatmeal with nuts and berries, banana pancakes
- Dinner: steak, lean hamburger, chicken, shrimp, fish, lean pork, beef stew, roast, tacos. Basically, remember if it has a mother or came from the ground – you can eat it! That’s a lot of options!!
- Vegetables and Fruits: All vegetables are on the program! Especially leafy ones!! All fruits are on the program!! I love fresh fruit, but sometimes I do get fruit bowls and I make sure I get the fruit bowls in their own juice.
Amanda does recommend gluten free and cutting out dairy at the beginning of the program. She teaches you how to incorporate dairy back in to your meals during the program. If you are a coffee drinker and like a little coffee with your creamer- do not fear! I love creamer and I have cut all my creamer out and use coffee syrups and lighten my coffee up with almond milk. It tastes the same and I’m losing fat in the process!!
Do I eat bread?
YES! I still eat sandwiches, but not daily. I will have a roll with my meal from time to time also. I do eat the low carb/high fiber wraps a lot! We have always eaten those, so that was not a big change for us. I love shredded chicken mixed with taco seasoning, some lettuce, a little cheese, some taco sauce or salsa…that has always been a favorite for me!
The next FASTer Way To Fat Loss program starts Monday, August 5th! If you would like to sign up, do so HERE. You will be asked to join a Facebook group for accountability and support, which I HIGHLY recommend. This group helped me tremendously and I got a lot of ideas on what to eat a
Low Carb Day Recipe – Low Carb Salsa Chicken
I made this last night and it is a very EASY recipe (only 3 ingredients)! If you like salsa then you will love this. Barry kept digging in LOL, it is one of his favorite dishes!
- 12 oz chicken tenders or chicken breasts
- 2 slices cheese or shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 ℉.
- Place chicken in an ovenproof pan then pour salsa over.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until chicken temp reaches 165 ℉. Place cheese slices over salsa chicken then return pan to oven to melt cheese.
Calories: 344kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 45g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 138mg | Sodium: 1287mg | Potassium: 1027mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 955IU | Vitamin C: 4.5mg | Calcium: 249mg | Iron: 1.3mg
As you can see in my pictures, I had peas and corn with my meal and it was delish! I hope this answered some of those questions for all of you! Please drop a comment or email at [email protected] if you have any more questions for me. I will periodically be posting recipes that I use weekly that are low carb for low carb days and recipes for your higher carb days.
Can’t wait to see you Monday on FWTFL!!!
Be sure to Pin anything you like to Pinterest, as this helps me grow as a new blogger. I appreciate your Pins, comments and coming by the blog!
DON’T MISS A POST!
Subscribe to get email updates! In addition to my most recent blog posts, you’ll receive an exclusive newsletter, and a sneak peek behind the scenes with family pictures, etc. — all delivered right to your inbox
POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS. ALL OPINIONS ARE MY OWN. FOR MORE INFORMATION ON WHAT THAT MEANS, SEE MY ABOUT PAGE: BLOG COMPENSATION AND DISCLOSURE