Happy Saturday ladies! I am so glad to see this week come to an end – boy was I not expecting my week to go wrong EVERY day!! OHMYGAH!!!!! It is so funny that I have spoken of this, I have seen at least 3 more influencers talking about the same thing. Everyone’s week is not going the way we wanted – but that’s ok! A new day, a new week…it’s a chance to shrug off the bad and start fresh and new. I’m being optimistic!!
I am actually working on a video and a post about cleaning your brushes, sponges, etc. when I ran across my Blenderful and thought I would post some tips on using it. I must admit, this is not my Blenderful in one or two of these pictures. Like I said – mine is in the midst of getting cleaned, so I grabbed one of Raegan’s cheap little pink extras she got from Walmart. ( Let me start out saying, all sponges are NOT created the same). You will not get good coverage when you are using a cheaper Blender. I took the cheap route and then ultimately broke down and bought a professional Blender and the difference is night and day!
A few years back I saw these things take off like nobody’s business! They were everywhere I looked when I was shopping. Is it because it looks like an egg but it’s for your face? It’s just a sponge, right? Wrong, it’s the most amazing sponge you’ve ever seen! Believe me, I was skeptical before trying it too, but now I don’t ever apply foundation without it. ( I do use a buffer brush to even out my foundation after using the Blenderful – I like to make sure my face is completely covered). I’m sure if you ladies have never used one, I didn’t even use one until last summer – and I sell makeup for a living LOL, this might be of some interest!
Why it’s so incredible:
- It makes foundation look flawless, almost as if you aren’t wearing anything. “Seeing makeup is the first sign of an amateur application.” –Allure Magazine
- It makes hard to reach areas such as under the eyes, around the nose, and corners of the mouth easy to get to with the small pointy end of the sponge.
- You can use it for any type of face makeup like foundation, concealer, blush, bronzer, and powder.
How To: Use a Beauty Blender:
- Start by wetting your Beauty Blender (BB) in your sink and at this point, your BB may get bigger than its original size. If you don’t wet it won’t work the same
- Squeeze all the excess water out of your BB so it is left damp, not soaking wet. You can also use a towel to squeeze out the water
- I prefer applying foundation directly to the large end of the BB, but you can also dot the foundation around your face and start that way
- Start applying the foundation by using a “bouncing” technique, almost as if you are bouncing a ball off your face. Do this over your entire face until completely covered. This makes for a natural effect with no lines or streaks that you sometimes see with other applicators.
- Use the small pointed end to apply under eye concealer as well as blemish concealer. Use the same bouncing technique for these areas as well. Don’t drag the BB along your face.
- You can also apply blush, bronzer, and powder using the BB and the same technique.
- After you finished using your BB for the day – rinse it under the sink again and set it out to dry until your next application. It will shrink back down to its original size.
There are many dupes for the BB but none are quite the same, my all-time favorite Beauty Blender is the Blenderful by Limelife by Alcone.
What is your favorite way to apply your makeup? Are you a blender girl, brush girl or do you use your fingers?
Thanks for stopping by the blog today!! We are having a busy weekend with Raegan’s birthday and family outings!! I hope you girls have a great day and a wonderful weekend!! EEEKK…IT’S ALMOST MAY!! See you tomorrow for Coffee & Girl Talk!!
Be sure to Subscribe to the blog if you haven’t (Subscribe to get email updates ) and please share any pictures you like on Pinterest. A red “P” should pop up in the corner of any pictures and you can pin them to your fashion boards. Thank you again for stopping by and hope you all have a safe and wonderful day! And… Be sure to tell a friend about the blog!! Thank you all for following along on this journey with me
This post contains affiliate links. When you shop through my links, it helps support my business (at no additional cost to you) so thank you!