Good morning ladies! I hope you all have had a great week and looking forward to a wonderful New Year! What’re your plans for New Year’s Eve? Anyone going out and celebrating? I will be showing my NYE dress in tomorrow’s post…I can’t wait to try it on! That’s right, I haven’t tried on my outfit yet, boy am I going to be surprised if it doesn’t fit! LOL! If it doesn’t, I will find something. I am now collaborating with Trunk Club and LE TOTE and I can’t wait to start showing off my RENTALS! If you are interested in the “Rent, Wear, Return and Repeat” option instead of buying and not wearing…click on the banner below!
I also am on the bandwagon of getting fit and eating healthy in this upcoming new year! I have been shopping for leggings and athletic wear and we signed up for a new subscription to Hello Fresh. Barry loves Hello Fresh, it’s very simple and easy recipes that are healthy. (You can get $30 off clicking on this link HERE for Hello Fresh). When I was a Corporate Trainer and traveled all the time, this is what we used so he would know how to put meals together. If my husband can cook these meals and send me pics- anybody can! I have already forewarned him we would be making videos when our first box came in…this should be a hoot!
Let’s talk about products and items this year that I have absolutely fallen in love with. I have been trying quite a few new lines out and have found some that are definitely going to be sticking around. From styling tools, makeup, skincare, and clothes – I have picked out the best of the best of 2018. Let me tell ya, it was pretty hard to narrow it down, but I finally picked out the things I am buying over and over or the clothing items that I want to keep.
- Rodan & Fields Active Hydration Body Replenish, I have written about this off and on for the past few months and trust me – it’s staying! I use this once a day after I shower, and the dry flaky winter skin is totally gone. This is a product that you can see the change instantly. We, as a society, tend to want to see results immediately, that’s not going to happen with any skincare product. It takes time to reverse the damage, but this Active Hydration is a product that immediately you will see hydrated skin. Even the driest of skins!
- Nars Blush Duo in Orgasm – Peach Pink Shimmer and Laguna Sheer Light Brown. I started using this in October and thought the peach would not look right on me. Boy was I wrong, these colors are for ALL skin tones. It has just a touch of sheen and shimmer to give you a pretty glow. The Laguna is a great as a blush or to use it as a contour.
- This Is Not Your Mother’s Texturizing Dry Shampoo. I got a sample of this in my VOXBOX and it has been a fight between Raegan and me to see who is going to keep it. She is constantly grabbing it out of my bathroom. This stuff is like GOLD! Best dry shampoo that I have used as a texturizer. It holds my curls and gives me body and it’s great for second and third-day hair. Spray that stuff in and blow dry your roots and you will look like you just washed your hair.
- Sperry Saltwater Wool Embossed Duckboot with Thinsulate. If you are looking a rainboot that wears not just good but GREAT – look no further. I wear these all the time, I am constantly up and down stairs and my feet never hurt when I’m wearing them. They have the Thinsulate in them and they keep your feet snug and warm, they are around $119 and worth every dime! You will get your money out of these boots, they won’t just sit in your closet, you’re gonna wear them all the time!
- T3 Whirl Convertible Tapered Interchangeable Styling Wand. I love my L’ange styling tools, but this T3 is awesome! This is undeniably one of the best styling wands on the market and most hair stylists have one in their arsenal. Take it from a former stylist, this is easy to use and it delivers the results you are looking for. Whether it is beachy waves, loose curls or tighter curls…this is an investment that will last you for a LONG time.
- Patagonia Women’s Re-Tool Snap-T Fleece Pullover this was a sweet little gift towards the end of the year and it is one of my favorite pullovers. It may be my all-time favorite pullover, I LOVE this top! This is so cozy and warm, you don’t even need a coat when you are wearing this. I do live in NC, so if I was at the mountains I may need a vest with it, it’s thermal warm. I don’t know how to describe it other than it’s comfortable, it’s cozy, it’s warm and if you have not tried the Patagonia brand then you MUST!
- Kat Von D Shade + Light EYE Contour Palette A few years back I used Kat Von D eyeliner and loved it. I have no clue why I stopped using it, but I moved on to other products and then Kat Von D came back into my life! When she came, she blew in this little palette right here and it has been my go-to for the past few months. It’s easy peasy to apply! This stuff goes on with ease, sometimes when you are applying eyeshadow some will fall onto your cheeks…not this one! It stays on all day and it comes off when you take it off. I have been using the black shade as my eyeliner for the past month and I am thinking this will be the “new” eyeliner for me now. I’ve got the shade, might as well use it, huh? I dab some finishing spray on my eyeliner brush and dab it on the eyeshadow then apply it. Stays on all day ladies! No running or smudging – I LOVE IT!!
- Rodan + Fields Radiant DEFENSE, you guys had to know this one was going to be in the Top 10! I’m in love with this stuff, why? Not only does this protect my skin from sun damage, but it also is perfecting my skin as I wear it. I apply it with a brush after I apply my primer, let it set for a few minutes then I apply the rest of my makeup. I literally have had young teenagers ask me what I was wearing because my “foundation” looked like natural skin. WIN WIN!! If you want the best brush EVER – get the angled brush by R+F, it also has a case for the brush. It’s thick and makes applying the Radiant Defense so stinking easy. You will be dabbing on your makeup like a professional makeup artist with this baby!
- Smashbox Always Sharp Lip Liner in Stylist, this is my number one all-time favorite lip liner. I use this lip liner as my lip color. I line my lips then I rub my lips together and it’s the perfect shade. Looks almost natural, but with a hint of pink in your lips. I ran out and didn’t have a backup and it only took me one day before I was heading to the local Ulta store to get a replacement! These lip liners stay on all day, they are long wearing and they are always sharp! I love that!
- NYX Matte Finish Setting Spray, this was another product that had never used until my VOXBOX arrived. I only had to use this once to know this was a product that was staying with me. I was sold out to Limelife by Alcone 10 Years Younger Spray, but this one has it beat 1000 times! It has a matte finish and it has staying power! Plus, it helps your foundation look all natural…definitely a keeper!
It has been fun looking back over the past year to see what were my old favorites and what are my new faves! What are some of your favorite products? I’d love to hear what you guys love and what’s working for you!
Thanks for stopping by the blog and I look forward to Coffee and Girl Talk tomorrow!!
DON’T MISS A POST!
Subscribe to get email updates! In addition to my most recent blog posts, you’ll receive exclusive newsletter content like special sales, my newest favorite finds, and an occasional peek behind the scenes — all delivered right to your inbox.
This post contains affiliate links. When you shop through my links, it helps support my business (at no additional cost to you) so thank you!