Many of us ladies are going through our midlife years and are having issues with a little extra weight in the mid-section. This can be frustrating to have the weight gain, but it can be debilitating in the mornings trying to find an outfit that fits well, looks good, and conceals those extra pounds. How many of us have pulled out clothes, tried them on, only to throw them back in a drawer or back in the closet? We all have been there!
What I have learned over the years is that I can conceal those extra pounds by changing how I dress my body shape. After 50 years old or so is when the menopause weight gain happens and losing weight can be tough. There are ways to still eat and be able to lose weight just like I did back in March 2019. You can scroll down to read about that.
I have heard from ladies throughout the years asking for help on how to dress their body type. A lot of us girls over 50 do not have the same waist size as we did back in our 30’s and that’s ok! Here are some sure fire ways to cover and dress that midlife body and feel confident each day and step out feeling fab!
Dressing The Menopausal Body
- Wear a longer cardigan to conceal and cover!
- Try a flowy top that hits your hips and add a Moto Jacket
- Why? Wearing a cardigan or Moto Jacket can camouflage weight gain and the different lengths will be flattering to the eye
- Blouses, tops, and tees should hit at or below your hips. Choose styles that draw the eye up and away from the waist area, such as a v-neck blouse or a great statement necklace to bring the eye up. Wearing prints for blouses will also draw the eye upward.
- Don’t be afraid to try Spanx or Shapewear (my faves are Skims and Spanx)! I wear them all the time and you girls have never noticed! (I bet you feel robbed huh? lol) They hold you in and smoothes out any lines, bulges, and bumps…and we all have them! Some of my favorite pieces are below.
- Body posture is everything! Stand up straight with shoulders back
- Again…layer, layer, layer! It conceals a multitude of flaws! This is one of the most important bullet points – can you tell? HA!
- Don’t emphasize your waist by adding belts, this will draw attention to your mid-section.
- A great way to hide the belly is to wear a trapezoidal dress without any tight spots. High-waisted dresses are a good option too.
- Choose mid-rise or high-rise jeans for the most flattering cut. Mid-rise and high-rise jeans help to support and cover your belly.
My Favorite Shapewear
Shop The Post
Many of you inquired about the FWTFL program when I wrote the post, Getting Fit After 50, read it here. So I thought I would give you girls a heads up that we are having a new round start next Monday, September the 21st. You can see my results below and click on the picture to read more about the program! Sign up here.
Thanks for stopping by the blog today! We are packing up and getting ready to head to the beach for a few days, so we have a lot going on getting everyone where they need to be. We are taking Brooklyn along with us, so cross your fingers she does her schoolwork while we are gone, or mom and dad are going to be really upset with me lol! Happy Weekend!!
Hey girl! Stop scrolling! Follow along with the girls!
Are you following along on Instagram? Get behind the scenes videos, daily outfits, and of course family pictures. Not to mention I am sharing recipes that fit into the FWTFL program and will work with the KETO diet also. Get flash sales, all the trends, and much more! Including life hacks, beauty tips & hacks, and be the first to see the makeup tutorials and all other videos. Follow along here.
Don’t Miss A Post!
Have you signed up for my daily blog post? Don’t miss the latest outfits, or beauty finds, so be sure to Subscribe and get the latest post each day. Be sure to Pin any picture or outfit to Pinterest, this helps others find my blog and helps me grow my blog!
POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS, WHICH MEANS IF YOU CLICK ON AND PURCHASE AN ITEM, I MAY RECEIVE A SMALL COMMISSION. THIS IS AT NO COST TO YOU. ALL OPINIONS ARE MY OWN. FOR MORE INFORMATION ON WHAT THAT MEANS, SEE MY ABOUT PAGE: BLOG COMPENSATION AND DISCLOSURE
“She is clothed in strength and dignity and she laughs without fear of the future…”